donderdag 21 december 2023

Niels' Top 10 Albums of 2023: Honourable Mentions


NIELS' TOP 10 ALBUMS OF 2023

Honourable mentions
 
Winter Solstice means there are eleven days left in the year. The Top 10 Proper will begin tomorrow. But this was an interesting year for me, music wise. As I said before, I had lost my capacity to get excited about music for a while, and I was not very interested in a music list for a couple of years. I did make them, but only half-hartedly and I had trouble filling them up with music I was truly excited about. This year it all came back in a big way, and making my top 10 list was never easier.
 
As a result, there were a lot of albums I enjoyed this year that I had to leave off. So let’s give an honourable mention in no particular oder to RPWL, Haken, Jantra, Motorpsycho, That (gestures vaguely and rolls eyes) Joe Payne, Hats Off Gentlemen It's Adequate, Lars Fredrik Frøislie, Bult For The Future and Advent Horizon. Trevor Horn gets one just for letting Steve H sing Drive. Have you heard these albums?
 
 
Also a semi-honourable mention to Yes, who aren’t coming anywhere near my top 10 but at least succeeded in not completely embarassing themselves. It’s Christmas, ding dong high ho folderol.
And there were albums I didn’t really enjoy, too, but this is a time to keep things positive. Number 10 of my Top 10 will be revealed tomorrow! I’m sure you’re all shivering with anticip

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten